This post is going to be short and sweet because I am one worn out mommy. The toddler bed was going so smoothly, and I realized the last two nights that is only because she didn't know how to get out of it yet, she didn't know THAT SHE COULD get out of it, I suppose. That ain't the case anymore. Sister has learned she can climb out of it, and she does this OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER. Until 11 PM the last two nights. So I walk in there and say "Lay down, Kinley Peyton." OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER. Until 11 PM. Consistency is key...or so I am told. It get's really exhausting and really frustrating... really fast. By the time I get back to our room to check the monitor, I hear the door to her room creaking, and I don't see her little jammied body on the monitor.. So I know. I just KNOW that when I walk across the hall there will be one little eye ball peeping out, and when I open that door, that little body will go flying across her room and hop right back into that bed faster than I ever realized a one year old can move. And she looks at me like "What, Mom? .. I have been laying here the whole time." Little does she know, I have a monitor. The cycle repeats and eventually she gets braver as the night goes on and finally after a dozen times of walking across the hall, and peeping into her dark room, the little eye ball doesn't move. Nope, that little eye ball stays right there and dares me to send her back to bed, and that little eye ball knows I am not going to because my heart melts that she just wants to get up and play with us. So we go get Daddy, and he laughs that she is up, and we all huddle in the tent and read books and watch Rollie Pollie Ollie Halloween WAY later than any one year old should be allowed to stay awake. And, secretly.. I kind of think it's fun.

I really love Sundays. I mean, REALLY love them. I love having my husband home and knowing there is zero chance he will get called into work. I get a little sad every Sunday night knowing he has to go back to work the next day. But I don't think he will ever really know how much I appreciate all the long hours he puts in so that I can be with Kinley. THAT is more important to me than almost anything.
I heard this quote that really moved me. It was "What if you woke up tomorrow morning with only the things that you thanked God for today?" In my bettering my outlook effort, it just fits right in. I don't want to ever seem ungrateful for anything that I have been given. Kinley is the best thing that has ever, ever happened to me and getting to be with her and knowing she is safe and being taken care of properly and not being picked on by other kids is something I am so incredibly thankful for. And I owe it all to my husband, I know some days he doesn't exactly love what he does, but I know he does it all for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment