Sunday, September 25, 2011

it's what you make it.

This week has definitely had it's share of rough patches. It's taken me 22 years but I am finally learning, I can't control that. Life is a road and sometimes it will be a 5 line interstate, and you are the only car for miles and miles - you are in total control, and you can go as fast or as slow as you please. Other times, there will be traffic jams on windy back roads, in the middle of a big, nasty blizzard. The thing about life is this - you never know which road you will fall upon, and the driving conditions can change at any given moment. BUT, I must say.. there is something else I have learned lately, and that is even when you are stuck in the Farmer Almanac's predicted biggest blizzard of the century, on a road winding all the way up Mount. Everest, with nothing but a long lane of semi trucks in front of you, you are still capable of controlling the situation if you have a positive attitude. Positive thinking has literally changed my life. As many of you know, I had a severe struggle with anxiety for over a year - and by altering my attitude and mind frame I am proud to say I am completely panic free.

Having a good attitude has really been on my mind lately, with a challenging week behind me, I chose to pull the good out of it and reflect on what exactly makes me happy, and have a positive attitude in the first place, and it's written all over the pale little face of this 16 month old pumpkin lover.

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket

I tried to soak this Sunday in more than the average. Ty's promotion has him working even more hours {if that even seems possible} and has put quite a bit of added stress on him. Instead of running from store to store, and taking care of a million errands like we usually do on Sundays. We stayed home all day besides a trip to the park and to the pumpkin patch. We generally eat out AT LEAST once on Sundays, if not more. Today we opted for home made meals curled up on the couch with big blankets. Ty mowed, I soaked in the tub, and Kinley and I dumped EVERY SINGLE TOY she owns out of her closet.. yup, Sunday, we really loved you today.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
oh, and remember those overly priced, overly obnoxiously loud shoes I talked about in a previous post. Yeah, we totally bought them.. go ahead, call me a sucker.

Photobucket

It's off to bed for these little Sunday lovers.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment