Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Funday

After a restless night {and by restless, what I really mean is absolutely, utterly, completely sleepless} I was so, so sure that Kinley would just absolutely crash today. Best nap ever award was waitin' to be handed out. But.. nap time never came. Nope, not even a cat nap. So instead, we played. We basked in the cool fall weather and sucked every second out of this beautiful fall day we could.

It was raining when we awoke and there is something about rainy fall mornings that makes me feel so completely at peace. I know, most people want to crawl back in bed when they see that kind of weather, but not me. Rain inspires me. I want to write, create, clean, play when it rains. We went to the grocery store and then made a pit stop at Target {where I logically explained to myself that -- yes, it is raining. and yes, we do love rain boots. and yes, we do really, really love Hello Kitty, but spending almost $25 on a pair of rain boots that Kinley can't even fit into yet isn't exactly brilliant} Bravo, me! We made it home where I unloaded groceries and laid my sleepy eyed little girl in her bed and waited for her to doze off to dreamland. But it never came. That's funny, because you couldn't hardly keep your eyes open on the way home from the store, but now that I lay you down for nap you are dancing and bouncing and doing summersaults in your bed. Funny, Kinley. After about 30 minutes of this fight, I say fine - get up, let's play.

And play we did....

We went to the farm and played on the equipment, and ventured through the baby corn maze. It was perfectly her size.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



It was actually COLD! We had to leave because I wasn't prepared for exactly HOW cold it was, Kinley's little ears were freezing. ::insert stage 10 meltdown:: I would have gotten pictures of this, but it's really not that cute. Moving on...


We came home and warmed up with some yummy fall treats. Cue Halloween Sugar Cookies, cinnamon baked pumpkin seeds, and behold, Kinley's first cup of Hot Cocoa... or, well lukewarm cocoa as Ty and I joked!

Photobucket

We also carved her first jack-o-lantern. She was a total girl about it as I suspected she would be, and would not touch the guts - she wanted to leave that part for Daddy. However she did absolutely love the finished, lit up product.

Photobucket

Oh, and please, contain your laughter at the jack-o-lantern. It was the best we could do without a fancy carving kit. I think he's cute!

We finished the night with a 'spooky castle' made out of couch cushions, sheets and her play land, also -- no pictures of this as it was stage ten meltdown time, as well. She went to bed at 7, and was up by 8 screaming so hard she was shaking. I am praying these teeth hurry up and break through so she can get some relief. Her teething was never this rough in the past. This is new for both me and her. In the meantime, lots of tylenol, popsicles and cuddle time awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment