Sunday, October 9, 2011

Homebodies

Our week seemed to drag on forever, I made it a conscious effort to stay home all week. That is big for us, our whole family consists of a bunch of "go-er's" and "do-er's". We don't like to sit at home for very long. The good thing about staying home now though, that Kinley is here, is there is ALWAYS something to be done. I promise there is always a mess to be cleaned up here, and if there isn't then Kinley will make sure to destroy a room worse than an EF5 tornado in two seconds flat to take care of that little problem. I kind of like it though. No, our home may not always be completely immaculate but it's home, a home is 'lived in'. There are toys in random places. Like a pink lego in daddy's work shoe, and a teapot in the potty and to me, it's what makes our house a home.

Tonight Kinley was on an especially destructive rampage. She pooped on the floor, threw all of her bows into the bathtub, and colored on the potty all within two minutes of each other. Impressive, huh? That's talent right there.

And though my week did seem to go by slower than average, I can't say I didn't enjoy it. More time home meant a much cleaner house, and much, much more mommy and Kinley time. Ty probably liked that we stayed home more, too because it meant more home cooked meals instead of the usual frozen pizza or Wendy's drive-through. Or, maybe he just pretended to like it, because I am a bad cook like that, and well, he's just a good husband like that.

Mental to do list: learn how to cook better...

There was more story time, more let's drag out all the toys you have just so that you can play with them for five minutes time, more outdoor time, more baking time. You name it, we did it. I didn't even care when we spent an hour baking cookies, just for me to pull them out of the oven and drop them all over the floor. Because, really, it wasn't the cookies I cared about. It was the fact that Kinley got her first chance to really, really get involved in the baking process. It used to consist more of mommy cooks and baby sits in highchair maneuver, but not anymore. Sister stirred and poured and ate things she probably shouldn't have, and she loved every second of it. Who said pink plastic toy cooking supplies don't work just as good as the real thing, anyway?


Happy, happy birthday to one of my best friends, Sara. You are such a beautiful person inside and out and you deserve all of the happiness in the world. I mean seriously, this girl brought ME Starbucks on HER birthday.. who does that? Only Sara..

Our week at home, okay minus one little, itty bitty teensy Target trip..

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment