We are loaded up with toddler's Honey Elixir, Tylenol (for the second week in a row, and I told you all before, I do NOT do medicine unless I have to, so I feel guilty about this..) Vapo-steamers, Vick's chest rub, you name it.. we got it.
I hope she gets better soon, obviously. No mother wants to see their baby sick. We have a lot of fun things to do this week. Halloween is coming up and I want my little owl in tip top shape for trick-or-treating. I think she will really, really love it this year.
After Halloween ends, it only means one thing. Christmas frenzy begins! I know there are many of you out there that want to complain to me that I need to "wait 'til after Thanksgiving for all the Christmas crap"... well, you can shove it. Last year, Ty was working one of his many 12 hours shifts, and as I was putting away the Halloween decor, I see a big red rubbermaid box in the back of the storage closet. And, it's taunting me. I tell it to shut up and keep packing away the Halloween decor into the orange box. But, the red box doesn't shut up. The red box is now screaming at me, so I submit and darn near hyperventilate as I am pulling out stockings, and tinsel, and ornaments, and snowglobes.. and 3 hours later our house is competing for a spot on the North Pole's HGTV and I send my husband a text that reads something like "Kinley and I got bored today..." and he asks what in the world we did, because he knows, he just KNOWS that we were up to something, and I told him he will find out soon enough, and when he walks in the door that night the first thing out of his mouth was "Brittany, it's November 3rd!" .... Yeah, and your point?
So, the running joke in this house is that we should decorate for Christmas every year on November 3rd. I don't care so much WHEN we decorate, I care most about tradition. I want to instill traditions in my family that they just know will be celebrated every year during the Holidays. And that when they are older and have their own kids, they will talk amongst their siblings and say "remember how every year mom and dad did this, and took us here, and we baked this..." that is what the holidays are really all about to me.
And as thrilled as I am that the fall season is in full swing here, I happily await the winter one, as well. Where tradition awaits us. Where baking, and crafting, and family awaits us. I am going to snuggle up next to my sick little one and patiently wait on the rainy, cold front that is just around the corner this week - looking forward to a week of cleaning, crafting, and yummy cold weather meals.
"if you think my hands are full, you should see my heart."

No comments:
Post a Comment