Last night Ty and I went on a date to my absolute favorite restaurant, Kai. It is a sushi/bar feel and aside from my bachelorette party a few months back, I hadn't been in ages. It was so nice to be able to sit down and not feel rushed. Kinley has really gotten to the point where we can't go into a restaurant without a huge scene and Kai definitely isn't a place you see babies on the regular. We sat at the table talking for twenty minutes or so after we finished our dinner. (And I am basically texting the baby sitter every 5 minutes for a play by play of what they are doing at that exact second.) and discussing what we want to go do next. I really, really WAS enjoying dinner and having the opportunity to relax for once, but in the back of my mind all I wanted to do was go home and see Kinley. I kept quiet and threw out a couple ideas of where we could go next. I told Ty I felt awkward and out of place downtown. It's like this - if you have a carseat in the back seat of your car, you probably don't really belong downtown. I then told him I feel like I should be at Babies R Us or something instead. So his response? "Let's go." with a huge grin on his face. I jump up immediately and we are on our way. Although we didn't end up at Babies R Us, we did end up at Children's place and Build-A-Bear.. We came home before she was even in bed and surprised her with her new clothes and her bear {complete with Hello Kitty panties}. I am thinking this will be a great potty training tactic, as Santa is also bringing her some Hello Kitty panties for her stocking this year! I spent the rest of date night cuddled up in bed in Ty's thermal {which makes the best PJ's EVER!} with Kinley. It was truly the perfect date night. I am so thankful for a husband who values our relationship and takes the time out of his day to do those things for me.
It was also certainly so, so nice to be able to go on a date and know Kinley was safely at home with somebody we trust so much to totally focus all of their attention on her. Thanks, Sara!
This morning, my mom was coming home from Wal-Mart and a guy ran a red light at 60 MPH, once she realized he was coming, she accelerated in hopes of making it through the light in time. He still hit the end of her, but being that she was in an SUV and she accelerated as much as she did, she is okay. I am so thankful. Like Ty said if it was a couple seconds earlier, I could have been receiving the worst call of my life today. Thank you God for protecting my mom and Kinley's Gammy.
{date night in a nutshell}...
It's your beauty, Lord
that makes us stand in silence
Your love
Your love
is better than life.



No comments:
Post a Comment