I am going to make it as far as I can in this post - I have a one year old who is supposed to be going to bed, but isn't... We spent the first half of the day running errands, so the second half we slowed down, and enjoyed the evening.
we start out like this..
We attempted a walk -- attempted being the keyword there. We start out like a normal family, Daddy pushing the stroller with the baby IN it, mommy walking the dogs on their leashes. We never make it more than two houses down before Kinley starts demanding that she wants "out" ... the kid is a freaking broken record with that word. "Out, out, out.." Finally Ty gives in, and carries her and half kicks, half pushes the stroller down the road. The dogs always have to walk on opposite sides of the stroller - yet somehow, still get their leashes completely intertwined and tangled - it's beyond me how we do it, but we somehow manage to make it home from these 'walks'.. it should be considered some type of olympic event, I swear.
..and end like this.
Ty had some time to himself tonight, and hung out with Uncle D while me and Kinley did our thing. I have one tidbit of advice to mother's of toddlers and that is this .. GLOW STICK BATH TIME. Yeah, sister was in Heaven. She sat in the dark bathroom with her little glow sticks and babbled and squealed the whole thirty minutes she was in there turning into a giant baby prune.
After the glow stick bath, I did what any logical mother of a toddler would do - FEED HER PIZZA. That should pretty much sum itself up. Bath, THEN pizza... It was a little bit messy, but she mmm'd her way through every single bite of that pizza. We wrapped up the night with her new glow butterfly. You turn it on and it plays lullabyes and projects stars up onto the ceiling, and she is in love. She reaches out and tries to grab the stars and it's on the top 10 cutest things of all time.
My heart was happy because Ty was off today, that's a pretty big deal in our house since he usually works 6 days a week. He typically doesn't take weekdays off, so having him home made me happy. I smile more and breathe easier. He really is a big help with Kinley, and I swear she just glows when he is home. No pun intended.. ok, maybe pun intended.




No comments:
Post a Comment