Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a whole lot of nothing.

The days have been lazy around here. Well, ok.. I definitely wouldn't say lazy but ...relaxed. Fall brings about that relaxation in people. You take life slower, appreciate the little things, and everybody is just in more of a "go with the flow" mood. Along with the changes this season brings, we made some changes in our home, as well. Kinley's room was swept of any remaining baby clothes and toys. We swapped rattles for play kitchen dishes, bumbos for tea party tables, booties for leopard print flats, receiving blankets for baby doll blankets, mobiles for big girl movies. Oh, and the movies are in abundance right now. There is nothing like curling up on the couch, with your big girl and maybe one too many blankeys and watching Bolt, Despicable Me, Monster's Inc, on repeat and knowing that the cold rain and looming clouds aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Makes for such a relaxed mommy.

I am sure there are many, many other mommies out there who would frown at me for allowing my daughter *GASP* watch TV - and no, I am not saying it is the most educational or active thing to do, but it's quality time cuddling with my girl and that to me, makes it a-okay. She has started singing in tune to songs, also. CUTEST. THING. EVER.


Tonight as we were swapping out the baby closet for the big girl closet, and the crib for a toddler bed, a certain one year old someone found one of their Christmas presents stashed away. It was a stroller for her babies. She saw it, and she wanted it.. and she wanted it NOW. We gave in, and I can't say I regret it one bit. Not only did it keep her entertained the entire time I was re-doing her room, it was the sweetest thing in the world to peep out into the living room and see her pushing her "baby" around and giving it various toys, and covering it with blankey. Melts my heart.

This may not have been the most exciting post, but to be truthful, there isn't much going on around here besides lots of fall crafting, lots of hot apple cinnamon cider drinking, and lots and lots of movie time... and that is just the way I like it.

Photobucket

Lounging around in PJ's til 2 PM is our thing this week..




Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment