Ty's boss was sent on a trip to KC with a few other employees as a reward for good numbers last month. The 3 managers and their wives were swimming and Ty's boss mistakenly dove into too shallow of water at the hotel pool. From what we understand so far, he is paralyzed. He is having a 10 hour long surgery procedure and we are praying for good news when it's all said and done. I really liked this manager. He has a wife and two kids, and I haven't stopped thinking about it all day long. I just hate it.
I was shaken - laying there awake. Again, served a reminder to count my blessings. Life is so short, and everything can change in a matter of minutes. My prayers are with him as well as his wife and children. It made me feel so much more.. here. Falling back asleep was a lost cause, so I got up and embraced the fall morning. I embraced little things that normally I wouldn't. Like the privilege of making my daughter ghostie pancakes, knowing she was safe in bed with her daddy. The stillness and calmness of the house before everyone awoke. The scent of breakfast and coffee and candles wall to wall in my kitchen. As I sat in the kitchen waiting on my coffee, I just prayed. I prayed for Ty's boss, and his family. I prayed in thankfulness for my family. I was and still am so jolted over it all.
We went to church, we went to lunch, went to the park, went to Babies R' Us... twice. Came home and napped, went out for ice cream. Really I didn't care what we did. All I care about is that we were a family...it was simply wonderful.
I told you.. it's fair game in my house. Let the Fall Festivities begin.









No comments:
Post a Comment