"Get rich quick, count your blessings."
I know, it's been far too long since I have posted. This week has been very reflective for me {and somewhat stresful}. That is an understatement really but I don't know how else to put it. I have been doing some extremely deep soul searching and have discovered it's time to change a lot of things in our lives. Some things are very personal for me and nobody but me really knows the changes I desire. Other things are situations Ty and I have agreed upon together. For instance, we are making certain financial changes and hopefully, starting a program to help us eliminate as much debt as possible, to help when we buy a home next year. One of the new changes we have been adapting to, is the dreaded time out. Kinley has been quite the handful lately. She has begun hitting when she is angry! If you tell her she can't hit people, she ends up hitting herself. We have also begun the fits.. I mean kicking, screaming, hitting, kicking fits. I typically don't believe in spanking 99.9% of the time - I feel that it's just the parent's way to take out their frustration, I don't feel like it's the best answer. Especially, when your child is hitting already. *AHEM, KINLEY* So, time out it is. It's frustrating to me, because I have no idea where she learned to hit... she has certainly not ever seen anyone in this house hit.
I have to admit, I am not usually to keen on change, but I am teaching myself it really can be a good thing and hoping to embrace this new chapter. What better time for changes, right? The weather has finally shifted to a much cooler, cozier type of fall feel and I busted out the fall decor. Yep, that's right. As soon as Labor Day weekend passes, it's free game in this house.
This week has worn me out, it's been rough in spots. Hoping for a smoother and calmer week ahead, and for more positive CHANGES. But amongst all of the stressful moments, it's next to impossible to not count your blessings every single day and realize that no matter what changes life brings about, I am RICH -- I have been blessed beyond measure, and this little 15 month old who is kissing me {and the keyboard as I type} .. at nearly 11PM, because she absolutely refuses to go to sleep is all I need to remind me of that every single day.
Blessing #983257 -- Little ones who love mommy's slippers.
That little 15 month old, who was kissing me all over two minutes ago, has gone Jekyll and Hyde on me and is now throwing a stage 10 meltdown... so, good night, bloggers.
Blessing #2850185 -- How she never ceases to be amazed by a simple kick ball.
Blessing #1595729 - Footie Jammies, enough said.
Blessing #902755 -Evening trips to the park.
Blessing #349174- First Trips to the Zoo
Blessing NUMBER ONE --- HER.











No comments:
Post a Comment