This summer is a different story. We have a pool, she has ride-on cars, kick-balls, sprinklers..the list goes on. Pretty much if it's made for a toddler and requires being outside in heat stroke worthy weather, we got it dude. Ty keeps wanting to get her a bounce house, ha! Easy for him to say, he isn't the one who is taking her little heat loving butt out in it every day. She has also started this new fit throwing business, if she sees other kids outside, she immediately HAS to go out, and if we don't the mother of all fits WILL be thrown. Needless to say, I am ready for autumn.. very ready. Anxiously awaiting..
Cool air, pretty leaves, pumpkin patches, Halloween, fall decor, mums, pumpkin spice lattes, sweat pants, boots, fuzzy hats to keep baby ears warm, crisp mornings, cloudy days made for movies, blanket forts, baking days, Scentsy's fall flavors, hot cocoa, warm apple cider, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I am drooling.
We started the day out with our current favorite. Tropical Smoothie Cafe, they even have baby sized smoothies which makes it that much more loveable.
Kinley is really starting to show an interest in movies lately. I am probably the only mom in the world who gets excited over the fact that their kid is showing an interest in anything involving the TV -- BUT, it's cute to me how she has her "favorite" movies already. She used to not be able to sit still through two seconds of one, but that is SO not the case when Bolt or The Game Plan comes on. I think she likes The Game Plan because all of the little girls dancing in it. Oh, and she also really digs Elvis's Hunk of Burning Love during the end credits. Girl gets down to it. It's so ironic she likes that movie to me, because that is the movie that inspired her middle name. Ty and I watched it while I was pregnant and it was a contender ever since.
"Look, Mom.. I am in a box!"
This face kills me.
The park was so, so much fun. Kinley's little face lit up like I had never seen before. She ran, and ran, and ran, and ran, and....ran some more. She showed absolutely no fear of the slides.. or anything for that matter. She went down the twisty ones, the steep ones, without the slightest of hesitation. Just a big goofy grin, is all.
I love watching them play. He's good with her.
He's really good with her.
Scratch that. He is PERFECT with her.
I'm not sure exactly what it is about blogging -- but something, something about it makes me a thousand more times thankful that I get to be a stay at home mom. Of course being a stay at home mom has it's stressful moments, and there are certainly days where you think if I don't get a break in .2 seconds I am going to rip my hair out of my head.. but overall? Overall it is the most rewarding job on the planet. I always try to be thankful that it's my job, but I guess it's just the relectiveness of blogging that really lets me take a second and sit back and see what I did all day with my little love and realize how very blessed I really am to get to stay home with her. Props to the hubby on that one. Good night, bloggers.




No comments:
Post a Comment