Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Impromptu STL/Zoo trip

Well today we had some pretty boring plans to clean out the garage, go grocery shopping, get cars washed, etc. I felt bad, thinking that I could do that stuff any day Ty's at work and didn't want to make the girls suffer through the boringness. Is that a word? 

Anyway, as we were leaving breakfast and heading to grocery shop I said "we should just take them too the zoo.." Next thing you know, were heading down I-70 to STL. Needless to say, Kinley was stoked. When we would peek in the back seat she would whisper (because baby sis was sleeping) "I'm so excited!" .. So cute. 

A last minute zoo trip, that's 2+ hours away is about as spontaneous as we get anymore. And I'm ok with that. ;) 











And OBVIOUSLY, we couldn't leave the zoo without one of these little gems..

We did a little sight seeing while the kids slept..




And we finished the night up with a princess-style pizza party and splashing in mud puddles in the rain. Successful day if you ask me. 
  

Today was in the mid 80's. Yuck! Where are you, October? But by Sunday were supposed to have lows in the 30's. Oh, home sweet, bi-polar Missouri weather, home. 

I am very much anticipating busting out boots, leg warmers and fuzzy blankets this weekend. But until then I'll settle for snuggling my sleeping baby on this couch. Good night. 







No comments:

Post a Comment