Saturday, September 28, 2013

Rainy day blog rescue


Well, I thought once we moved to Jefferson City I would have all of the time in the world to blog and keep my house immaculate and .. HA!! It's honestly been a real challenge moving here. I'm "single-parenting" more than ever and everything gets pushed to the way side just so that we can all survive the day. 

Usually, on Saturdays I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get stuff together for a family of 4 to make a chaotic, quick trip down to Springfield. We do this almost every single weekend and it's a LOT of work, extremely exhausting and stressful but I will continue to do it as long as we live here. Kinley absolutely lives for going to her grandma and papa's house. 

However, they are calling for quite a bit of rain tonight and I don't feel safe traveling in it. No, not even in my brand new, all-wheel drive Pilot, babe. ;) I don't trust all of those semi trucks slipping and sliding around the interstate so carelessly. So, as long as the rain continues to fall.. We will stay here tonight. The lack of packing I had to do, gave me time to bring a little bit o' life back to the poor old neglected blog. 

Today's consisted of lots and lots of coffee, cleaning and Halloween DVDs galore for the little ones. And maaaybe I squeezed in a little time to check out some etsy goods for our Branson stay-cation this winter. Makes for a good Saturday in my book. 

Happy weekend, everyone. 







No comments:

Post a Comment