Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Weekly ramblings

Well...Were in the midst of yet another fun run of sleepless nights in the Sweet household. When Scarlett wakes up at night, instead of getting her out of her bed/nursing her/etc., I've been laying her back down, saying "lay down", and walking away. Over and over and over and OVERRRR again. It is HEART WRENCHING, seriously. She cries like she feels so hurt and abandoned. It breaks my heart but I'm not going to continue nursing a 14-15 month old 6-8x a night anymore and I don't really feel that the crying it out method is for us, SO, in a nutshell -- this is a compromise. The last two nights she's cried until approximately 2 AM on and off. At about 2, she finally passes out til 7 or so from sheer exhaustion. 

I'm a walking zombie. Doing lots of smart things like sticking metal in the microwave, turning the microwave on for 20 minutes instead of 2. I've been battling a cold/sore throat for a week and on top of that I'm in the midst of a squat / plank challenge (thanks, Ni-Ni.. For the inspiration.) so I can barely walk. I'm limping around SO slowly. In other words, I feel AWESOME ;) ha.. 

We went to Fall Festival this weekend. We were a little disappointed because they didn't have some of the things that they did last fall, that we were really looking forward to (face painting, horse back riding, etc) and we stupidly went during the kids nap time so it was slightly crazy.. When will I ever learn to not take my children out in public from 12-2? J mean really.. 


Monday Ty had the day off so he and the girls carved pumpkins. Kinley even drew her own face on hers! (Mommy cut it out, though.) we lit them and sat them on the front porch and then took a (sweater blanket- duh) wagon walk up and down the street to check their hard work out. While walking down the street we really noticed how some of the leaves are turning colors. We've got some super red and orange ones in our neighborhood already. Ahh :)

We had an impromptu trip to Freddy's for ice cream. Seriously, guys. Andy's is over rated. Freddy's has the BEST ice cream. K got a dirt cup. Ice cream, crushed Oreo, gummy worms. (Mainly only consumed the gummy worms, of course.) and S got her very own big girl cup of (plain vanilla) ice cream. She must have felt really big because she completely refused help eating it. That was fun to clean up. 


The weather has been right up my alley. Super cool, crisp mornings. Now if only we could get a good thunderstorm I would be set. ;) 

Kinley had so much fun carving pumpkins that we decided to get little ones and...  what's better than carving?(not to mention, more kid friendly?) that's right, paint. ;) I just got the little $3-4 pumpkins in the produce section of wal-mart, stripped the kids down and let them go to town with washable kids finger paints. Highly recommend to my mommy friends.

 Tuesday we had ballet, and a little girl fell down during class. Out of 11 little ballerinas, Kinley was the only one to check on her. She ran across the room, helped her up, rubbed the little girls arm and asked if she was ok. She makes me so proud. She really is so beyond her years and such a truly compassionate kid. All of that dancing must have worn her out because she fell asleep on the couch the second we got home. Tu-Tu, shoes, the whole bit. I carried her upstairs to her room and tried to sneak the tu-tu and shoes off but she wasn't having it. So I let her be. It was pretty hilarious seeing her hot mess, bed head roll out of bed in her whole ballerina get up this morning.




Well, Ty just signed us up for netflix and I've got two big sweater blankets calling my name. So, good night, friends. 





No comments:

Post a Comment