What you'll need is:
-Pillsbury pie crusts (if you prefer store bought - otherwise you can make your own)
-Caramel sauce
-Apple pie filling (again, you can do this the from scratch method if preferred.. This is the quickest/easiest way to do it)
-2 eggs
-Cinnamon sugar
-Nutmeg
-Apple Pie Spice
-round cookie cutter
1. If you went with store bought dough, take a rolling pin and flatten the dough as much as you can to increase it's surface area.
You may want to put flour down to avoid the dough sticking to the counter tops.
2. Apply just enough caramel sauce to cover the dough with a thin layer
3. Finely chop up the apple pie filling and layer on top of the caramel sauce.
4. Flatten the remaining dough with a rolling pin and cut into thin strips for your basket weave crust top. I personally think the smaller you plan to cut your cookies, the thinner strips you need to slice for your basket weave top.
5.Weave the dough on top of the pie filling.
6. Use round cookie cutters to cut them out! First batch I did bigger cookies (approx 6-8) and second batch, I used a smaller cookie cutter to get smaller, cuter cookies. (12ish?) Simple enough.
^ I could have probably cut those thinner and they would have been prettier to look at. I suggest slicing the dough with a plain old pizza cutter.
5. Once your cookies are all lined on the pan ready to pop in the oven, use the 2 eggs for an egg-wash. Just a light brushing is all they need.
6. For this step, I combined all of my spices into one old salt shaker. Saves from having to use 3-4 different bottles on each cookie. So, if you have an old salt shaker on hand, I recommend you just throw the cinnamon sugar, apple pie spice, and nutmeg all in together and sprinkle ontop of the egg wash.
7. Toss in the oven for 20-25 min at 350* and there you have it.







No comments:
Post a Comment