Finally, finally.. It FEELS like fall! We had a very fun weekend enjoying the beautiful weather.
Friday, we had "Girls Day Out".. We started the day off by getting manicures with Piggy Polish (if you have a little girl - get this stuff) it's great. It's non-toxic so it's great for little ones who suck their thumbs etc. and it's washable so they can get hands-on with it. Ours consisted of lots of pink, sparkles, and flower stickers .. Obviously. ;)
We then ran inside and whipped up some kid friendly sushi before going out for the real deal. It's SO easy to make. And great if you've got a picky eater like Kinley.
1. Remove crust from bread.
2. Flatten bread with rolling pin.
3. Apply PB&J.
4. Slice into thin strips with pizza cutter.
5. Tightly roll them up. The PB&J will act as glue and hold them together.
Sooo easy, right? I just threw them in some Tupperware, tossed it in the diaper bag and voila. Instant toddler happiness. We took it with us to entertain the kids at the restaurant. I'm pretty sure Kinley and Caroline had them consumed before our edemame even arrived. AND they were asking for more. Success in my book.
Now, onto the real deal. Scarlett was scarfing the sushi down and saying "mmm" the whole time. I like this kid.
After sushi we went to the park and stopped for some ice cream. The girls had a blast and we have a pretty exciting play date in the works for next months "Girls Day Out".. Can't wait!
We went to Nixa Saturday night after Ty got off work and woke up and celebrated in true fall style all day Sunday. Pumpkin coffee - straight from the gas station, might I add ;), orange hoodies-leggings-boots, AKA, best outfits known to mankind, baby cardi's, Ty and I love dressing the baby like a grandma. Is that mean? ...aaaand lots and lots of time in the kitchen. Baking apple pie cookies, Halloween themed chocolate chip cookies. (Kinley 100% picked this out and specifically asked to bake them on her own.) I like this kid, too.
The apple pie cookies were a lot of fun. I totally recommend them! It's a great thing to make for all of the family get togethers coming up this holiday season.
We let k completely go to town with her own "pie". Whatever she wanted to add, she could. She ended up with blue frosting, fish sprinkles, banana sprinkles, cinnamon apples, and caramel sauce. Ummm yummy? ;)
Were back home now, so time for some unpacking and laundry. The girls are having a screaming contest in their pajamas. Crazy life I live, I know.
Hope every one has a good week!









No comments:
Post a Comment