Alright, all. I have to warn you. This is my disclaimer. I am about to take on a new world here, and in the beginning, it will not be pretty. It will not be pretty, at all. I have had a very nice Canon Rebel sitting on the shelf for nearly a year now, essentially collecting dust. I begged the husband for this particular camera, after drooling over it online for a few months. Having a baby made me want to capture everything - every little movement she made. But, somewhere in the midst of school and wedding planning and Ty being at work from sunrise to sunset, I lost that desire I had to learn how to take pictures, and well, life just took over. I stumbled upon another Mommy's blog I used to read while pregnant. And this is not just any old blog, no. She has two beautiful little girls, and this momma is balls-to-the-wall crafty, laid back, fun, baking, dressing up, tent building momma - and I relate to her sooooo well. This lady literally takes words out of my mouth and throws them on her blog and I seriously am at a loss for words with EVERY SINGLE POST she makes. After rediscovering her, and reading her whole blog twice over (seriously).. I decided, go for it. Stop wasting time aimlessly scouring your facebook feed day-in and day-out, reading these stupid status updates from people that frankly, you don't even care about anymore (for the most part)... Do what you want to do. Will it be perfect at first? Of course not. But think about it, if you would have started this back when you wanted to and first felt that crazy inspiration back in January 2010, think of how far you would have came by now. How much you would have learned with photography, and how much you would have documented! Why keep wasting time? START NOW! So, thank you, Kelle for giving me the inspiration I needed to start this whole thing. I won't be anywhere near your super, amazing, crafty momma status - but I am working my way up the totem pole, girlfriend. I know you have no idea who I am - and that I am just another reader among your thousands, but thanks. You are a very inspirational woman. Also, thanks to my hubby who is supporting me in this. He was always on my case about wasting time on the computer...so I figured he'd be giving me the thumbs down on this one, but nope. He said making a blog was the best idea I have ever had.. even though, it wasn't MY idea - I totally jacked it. He bought me a card reader and a camera strap, lovingly drug the old computer desk back into the house from the garage - - ONE day after I told him to throw it out in the garage.. my bad. And, bought me a pretty new keyboard.
So, there you have it - I am turning my college aged face-booking days in for mommy land blogging days, and I couldn't be more excited. Oh yeah, but back to the disclaimer part.. my photos are NOT going to be pretty.. Heck, they aren't even going to be mediocre sometimes, I have so much to learn but I don't want to procrastinate anymore so bear with me until I get the skills down ;)

We are trying to soak up every last morsel of sun we can at our pool.. plus, it's an added bonus that it sucks up Kinley's energy like nothing else and makes for a very easy bedtime and a very happy mama..
Oh, and we discovered bath paints this week... enough said. Behold my petite Picasso's masterpiece..

We have one more day with Uncle Brandon, and this little girl is loving having him here. She snuggles with him like nobody's business, not even her momma and daddy get loving like that. Wherever Uncle Brandon may be, you will also find cousin Tanner. They have been playing together pretty well for the most part. You have the occasional "Brittany, her's is in my way.. or her's is knocking my blocks over." But hey, they are 4 and 1 - what do you expect? It's been a short week, but definitely a SWEET one..



No comments:
Post a Comment