Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Transitions

I've been so bad about updating my blog. But honestly, life has been so crazy lately. We've moved to Jefferson City (against my will) and have been here for about a month. It hasn't grown on me one bit. I miss my home and my friends and family. And to be brutally honest, I'm just not happy here. At all. It takes all I have just to function and accept it some days. The great thing though, is that there's beauty in just about every situation in life, really.

And although I may find myself as a whole unhappy with this Jefferson City situation, it really has allowed me to "put things into perspective" with my life and I've found that I'm finding myself becoming more appreciative for what I DO have. My healthy, happy, beautiful kids. My hardworking and selfless husband. Honestly, he's probably one of the most selfless people I've ever met. My family, my home, the fact our bills are paid and were able to eat. Because as cheesy as I'm sure it all may sound, it really is true. It's what matters the most. This definitely is not my home, it never will be, and I will NEVER make it my permanent home. But for now, it will do. And we will try to embrace it, and be thankful for the opportunity we've been given with Ty's career.

Being here has pulled me out of my social life, and while I definitely miss my friends and all of the play dates we used to have, and the fun things we used to do. I'm finding myself becoming a better mom. It's like I have time to perfect my parenting, so to say. Which should have always been priority #1, and it was. But I'm just more reflective on myself now. As well as more honest with myself. And that combination is allowing me to change methods of my parenting I'm not happy with, and mold it to what I feel works for us and our children better. I'm watching what I say more, and trying to carve out more one on one time for my kids.

It's also made our marriage better. And here's why, neither of us are happy here. Ty's better at hiding things than I am. But he has opened up to me and expressed to me that he isn't happy here whatsoever and he's doing what he has to do from a financial stand point for our family. And for that, I do respect him. He's a very hard worker and I'm proud of what he's doing and how far he's came since I met him. And how well he holds it all together under all of the pressure. We've been there for each other and being honest and open with how we truly feel about the move, and being there for each other regardless of all of that has really made our marriage grow stronger and happier.

We've celebrated 2 years of marriage, (6 years of togetherness), taken a trip to the beach, our oldest turned 3 last month, our youngest has gotten 3 teeth and is in the beginning stages of walking, I mean what's there not to be happy about?





















No comments:

Post a Comment