Monday, March 18, 2013

Week without daddy

WELL, this is a big week for our family. HUGE. for many reasons..Ty left Sunday night for his business trip, and is gone all week. It's my first time being away from him this long, as well as the girls. We're about to knock out night number 2 (it's almost 10 PM) and I am SO incredibly ready to have him home. I have a lot of help, being that my parents are nearby. The girls and I spent majority of the day there. Did some grocery shopping, and Kinley got some goodies to keep her preoccupied this week. Bath crayons, a new play dough set with animal shapes, couple new movies. Basically, this girls ready to rock-n-roll for a week without daddy. We're keeping her busy, and although I really don't wanna jinx it, she's being a little trooper. She had a little bit more of an emotional morning than she usually does, and did ask for daddy once in the middle of the night but otherwise, she's happy and busy and were hanging out and counting down the days til we can see him again.

No, seriously.. Ty and Kinley made a countdown on a piece of poster board, and he explained to her that every morning we get to mark off another "night" on the board. It's really precious. She x's it off, and tries to hold up the number of nights on her little fingers.

And although the girls are doing ok, I miss him. A lot. Like, a lot lot. This is great for us, though. He's getting to get out and experience big city life, and learn all about his new job. And from what I understand its a pretty intense course. I know he is going to do so great and pass with flying colors. I can't say enough how extremely proud of him I am. This is a position/promotion he's wanted for 3 years. I've seen him grow from practically a kid (and a punk one at that) ;) to a hard working, supportive, loving partner and honest to God, the best dad you could ever imagine. Him being gone, has made me realize how much I do really lean on him for support. I have found such a rock in him and he's making me happier than he'll ever know. We had our rough patches in the years past, as do all couples ... But I'm truly seeing him grow from a kid to a man, right in front of my eyes. Of course, we have our arguments. We're polar opposite on just about everything you can possibly imagine. But I feel so completely blessed to be his wife, and so thankful for all he does for us. He's sacrificed so much to put us first and to give us the life we have.

We had a little scare with S tonight. I was holding her and slipped on a little spot of water on the bathroom floor -- we went down HARD. She slammed her head on the corner of the bathroom counter. This poor baby's fell off a bed, a couch, and now this incident. You could say I feel like a failure of a mom. I've got her laying in bed next to me and I keep stirring her up from her sleep to check on her. Props to all the single mommies out there. I have help, but there's really nothing like the comfort of having your husband home. 4 nights left, but whose counting? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment