2012 is going to be such an exciting year for all of us -- in July we will be welcoming our second little bundle of joy into the world! I can not tell you the excitement I feel. Becoming a mom was, hands down, the biggest blessing and greatest thing to ever, ever happen to me. And I can not believe God has blessed me so much, again. Some people react in shock when I tell them I am pregnant again - but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I always, I mean always -- since I was a little girl, wanted my kids to be only a couple years apart. Our main hope is for a healthy, happy baby but I would love sisters. I think that would be so much fun, and being that I never had a sister - I think I would love it all the more. I am nervous about how Kinley will react, and am prepared for the first couple weeks to be rough. But, I know.. I just KNOW with my whole heart, that she will be the greatest big sister. She already plays the "boss" role pretty well. Plus, she is the sweetest, most loving child you will ever meet. I think the after the initial shock of "you-guys-are-seriously-keeping-this-thing?" wears off - I think she will be so thrilled. I can see her wanting to 'help out', and just being such a protective and loving big sister.
I have to admit, I have some guilt that she won't be my only one anymore, and I have some reservations because I don't want her to have to share her parents - but, I know those are completely normal feelings and she is just as blessed to be receiving a little sibling, as we are to be having a second baby.
I love the feeling of New Years - the promise the new year brings. So much hope. I love the slew of holidays and events that are lined up, too. I just love celebrating, really - I guess. The Valentine's day cheese-ball stuff, I am all in on that. Then, the Easter Bunny comes. Spring will be filled with baby showers, birthdays, anniversaries, and then summer will bring our new little one. We have so, so much to look forward to and I am just in awe of how much God has done for me and my family. We have so much, and as Pastor John said today.. things are "good, good".
Say "Hello!" to baby number 2!
I have so many things I want to accomplish for myself, my children, and my marriage this year. I know that I am capable of doing them all, and I have so much hopefulness for this new year. Happy, happy New Year everybody - make 2012 the best one yet.


Yay! I'm so glad you're back at this! I was missing my Kinley updates. Happy New Year friend, I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you. :)
ReplyDeleteJILL! I am so glad I am too, I didn't want to get away from it, but I was couch-ridden for the last 3 weeks with morning sickness and I feel SOOO much better. I am so happy you are blogging also, yay for us! I am so proud of you for all the brave adventures you take, miss you!
ReplyDelete